Technorati Tags: [tag-tec]flip-video-camcorder[/tag-tec], [tag-tec]flip-video-editing[/tag-tec]
The super-easy flip video camcorder plugs directly into your laptop or PC USB port so you can transfer the video without any fancy cables or firewire ports.
While that makes it very easy to upload your videos on internet to share with your friends and family, you may want to take an extra step and edit it first. Watching unedited raw footage is like watching grass grow.
To turn your flip video clip into an entertaining movie with nifty transitions, special effects, titles and music, you need a video editing software. The movie-editing software that I highly recommend for busy and time-pressed folks like us is the free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker software that is already on your PC.
There are several reasons for choosing Windows Movie Maker:
- It is very easy to use, and if you record with the flip video, I know EASY is very important to you.
- It is rich in features: add music, pictures, titles and credits.
- It comes included with a fun collection of nifty transitions and cool special effects.
- It doesn't hang or crash on you. Video editing software is known to be big memory processing hogs and prone to crashing. Not this one.
- It is FREE. It comes with your Windows XP or Windows Vista software, preinstalled in the factory.
- Bottom line: You can turn slow-moving boring raw footage into cool home movies to impress your friends and family.
The video tutorial below shows you:
- a quick big-picture overview of the software and
- where to find the software on your Windows PC.
Now for an overview of how easy it is to use Windows Movie Maker. Click the video to see a quick demonstration on how to edit your raw video and add music, transitions, titles, credits, and special effects.
If you'd like an easy way to master Windows Movie Maker, I recommend my
"Make Home Movie" online course. It's an instant access to a FREE online video tutorials course where I walk through each task step-by-step, click-by-click as if you were right behind my shoulder. Why waste time figuring everything out yourself? Click here for details.